European Roulette Online
Roulette is one of the most popular and widespread casino games in the world and for a good reason. Any fan will tell you that it’s not about money but the excitement that you feel when playing the game. When the ball starts spinning you’re going to be on the edge of your seat waiting to see where it lands especially since European roulette payout is some of the highest among casino games.
Even though it’s a game of chance countless strategies were made over the years to help players beat the odds. This is also one of the reasons why the game is as popular as it is. The fun of trying to figure out how the system works, spot any patterns or figure out the optimal betting strategy.
You can get some European roulette practice by going to one of many websites that allow you to play online European roulette for free and with no download.
European Roulette Rules
European roulette wheel layout features 37 divisions with numbers ranging from 1-36 as well as a 0. The numbers are alternatively colored red or black and the zero is marked in green. Before the game starts all the players must place their bets after which the dealer spins the ball.
The moment of suspense while the ball is spinning in a European roulette wheel looking for a numbered pocket to land in is maybe the most defining feature of the game and captures the excitement of casino games perfectly. European roulette table shows all the possible bets you can make and is really easy to understand even for a beginner.
Because there are so many different betting options there’s also countless ways of approaching the game. If you’re looking for a high-risk, high-reward then you’ll probably want to focus your bets on a few numbers for a maximum payout. If you’re a casual player and you’re just looking to play European roulette online for fun, you can spread your bets and play it safe. These are all of the possible bets that you can make in the game:
- Straight-up Bet –This is a bet placed on a single number, it has the highest payout out of all European roulette odds of 35:1 and you can bet on the zero as well. Of course you can bet on multiple numbers and having a few with some extra chips in them can lead to some massive winnings.
- Split Bet – Betting on the line between two numbers is essentially splitting the bet between the two, the payout is 17:1
- Street Bet – Placing the bet on the line at the end of the row of numbers will split your bet between those 3 numbers and is going to have a payout of 11:1
- Corner Bet – Placing the bet between four numbers will split the bet evenly it’s a good trick to use when trying to cover a few numbers around your best bet.
- Line Bet –betting on the line at the end of two rows will cover 6 numbers and net you a 5:1 payout
- Column Bet – At the end of the table there’s an option to place a bet on the entire column of numbers, it’s a payout of 2:1 and is a good bet when you’re trying to play it safe or quickly fill up the gap in your bets
- Dozen Bet – Exactly the same as the column bet but instead of betting on a row of numbers you’re placing your bet on “boxes” that range from 1-12, 13-24,25-36 it’s the same principle as well as the 2:1 payout
- Color Bet – One of the statistically safest bets in roulette, this is essentially picking red or black no matter the number. The downside to this bet is the low payout of 1:1 and there’s also the possibility of the ball landing at 0 (which is marked green) which will not count towards either black or red.
- Odd/Even Bet – Similarly to the color bet, you’re either betting on odd or even numbers for a 1:1 payout but the zero can still tilt the odd in the house’s favor.
- Low/High Bet – Again a 1:1 payout bet, try to guess will the ball land anywhere from 1-18 or 19-36 and place your bet.
European Roulette Strategies
Now that you’ve seen all of the possible bets, what is the best European roulette strategy to win big? Well there really are no surefire ways of beating the house, there are however some tactics that can either help you win more or at least tailor the game to your play style.
- If you’re looking to win big, don’t spread your bets too thinly – Betting on too many numbers might have diminishing returns as even your best bet might net you minimal winnings.
- Decide between high-stakes or low-stakes – Going for just a few numbers can either get you a massive payout or put you on a losing streak, meanwhile color, column or other low risk bets have a smaller payout but a higher chance to win.
- Don’t read into the numbers too much- Roulette is a game of chance and trying to figure out what number is next is futile to say the least, sometimes it’s better to try and rely on your own intuition and luck than systems.
Before playing European roulette online for real money you can try and find a European roulette simulator first to try out different betting strategies and see which ones work for you. Check first to make sure you’re playing European roulette games as there are other versions of the game as well.
If you want to play high-stakes roulette there are also special tables with very high betting limits and unlimited winnings. European roulette is also perfect for high-rollers due to its low house edge compared to the American version.
Hopefully you now have a better understanding of the game and are ready to have some fun.