American Roulette Online
American roulette is one of the most popular casino games in the United States and is very popular in Asia as well. It has no major differences than European Roulette except for the double-zero which increases the house edge slightly. It’s also called the double-zero roulette.
American Roulette Rules
The objective of American roulette games is fairly simple predict where the ball will land. The American roulette wheel has 38 brackets. Numbers from 1 to 36 are marked in red and black and appear on the wheel in no particular order.
In the American roulette wheel layout every bracket is the same size giving the ball equal chance of landing in any of them. The American roulette table is where you’ll be placing your bets. Whether at a land-based or online casino you place your bets with chips and the betting window lasts until the wheel starts spinning after which all bets are closed.
American Roulette Odds and Bets
Even with a slightly higher house edge than European roulette, American roulette payouts can still be incredible and it’s worth knowing what are the odds on different bets and how you can play the game to maximize winnings or make it suit your play style better.
- Betting on any number is called a straight-up bet and has the highest payout of 35:1.
- Betting on the line between two numbers is called a split bet and as the name suggest it’s essentially splitting the bet between the two numbers and has a payout of 17/1
- If you split the bet between four numbers it’s called a corner bet
- Placing your bet at the end of a row of numbers will split it among the three numbers in that row and is called a line bet.
If you’re looking to play it safe you can also go for the low-stake bets:
- Color bet- Red or Black, where will the ball land , the payout is 1:1 and the zeros don’t count towards either one, this is where the double zero starts becoming a more noticeable hindrance.
- Odd/Even- similarly to the color bet, choosing odd or even numbers for your bet will give you a 1:1 payout
- Low/High – This refers to the group of numbers from 1-18 and 19-36, essentially identical odds to the previous two bets and is more of a preference
- Column bet- Places a bet on the entire column of numbers (12) and has a 2:1 payout
There are a few other variations of bets but they are essentially identical to all of the previously mentioned. You can get creative and make your own betting combinations using the line and split bets while having a few strong straight-up bets for those big wins.
How to Win
What’s the best American roulette strategy to win? Well this is a question without an answer. Even though it’s mostly a game of chance countless strategies and tactics have been made over the years to try and beat the system. There is no surefire way of winning and getting out of the casino with more than you came in with comes down to luck and your money management skills.
It’s also good to think about what kind of play style suits you the best. Iif you’re willing to sit through half a dozen lost bets just to get that one massive hit then you’re better off making just a few straight-up bets and hoping to get lucky. However, if you’re not a huge risk taker you can go for the safer alternative like the color bet that has a lot less payout but a lot lower risk involved too.
American Roulette Practice
If you’re playing American roulette online real money you can usually choose between the live dealer and the standard online version of the game. While the regular animated version of the game can be fun, the live dealer roulette simply brings the game to another level. Most players admit that the most exciting part of roulette is that moment of suspense when the ball is spinning and seeing that in real-time with a live dealer is just much more immersive and thrilling than seeing the animation play out.
Most casinos today are also mobile friendly so you can play the game anytime and anywhere.
There’s plenty to choose from but here are some of the best online casinos to play American roulette online for fun and for real money:
- William Hill- One of the most respected names in the industry with plenty of bonuses and a good customer support. It’s a great choice for any player
- 888 Casino- Easy to navigate, safe and with tons of live dealer tables to choose from
- Royal Panda- If you like playing on your mobile device then this is the casino for you cause it has a perfectly optimized website
- Casumo- Slick design and a clean interface making it super easy to just log in and play
Should I play American Roulette?
For a casual player the increased house edge won’t be a big deal, however if you’re a regular player or even a high-roller then playing European or French roulette will be better in the long run.
Is RNG roulette fair?
Even though a program comes up with the numbers they are still just as random as they would be with a real roulette wheel and the house edge is still the same.
Do I have to deposit money before playing?
Most online casinos offer an American roulette simulator so you can play American roulette online for free with no download before playing it with real money. .
American roulette is one of the most exciting casino games to play and with massive payouts you’ll quickly realize why it’s so popular around the world.
If you never tried the game before then generous casino bonuses coupled with beginners luck might just be a perfect combination to win big.